Chicken & Vegetable Miso Soup
Author: Love Food Nourish
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh turmeric, grated
- 4 cups chicken stock, good quality
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp miso paste - white or yellow
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups kale, roughly chopped, stems removed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, dried & sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 carrots, diced
- In a large pot heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric, carrots and celery. Saute for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chicken stock, water, miso paste and lemon and bring to the boil. Add the shredded chicken, cover the pot, turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale, broccoli florets and shiitake mushrooms and cook for another 5 - 7 minutes until the broccoli is just cooked and the mushrooms are tender to touch.
- Serve into bowls and enjoy.
Serving size: ⅛th serving Calories: 128 Fat: 4 g Saturated fat: 1 g Unsaturated fat: 3 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Sugar: 2 g Sodium: 484 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 7 g